Looking to become a heating engineer | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking to become a heating engineer in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

aftetnoon folks.
Was wondering if someone could give me some advice on where to start my career change to become a heating engineer.
Looking online, there so many schools that advertise courses. It seems a bit of a minefield!! I’m going to fund it myself with the sale of my beloved Audi (sad face).
I’m not a kid, I’m 38 year old dad of two and very keen to learn quickly.
Has anyone got any experience or advise on good schools, qualifications I need to gain employment etc?? I’m located in Bedfordshire so a college around that area would be great!
Any tips and advice are greatly appreciated.
TIA.

Don't do it ! think of something else, getting into this industry now is almost impossible, think about it you will be starting at the bottom that's if you find someone to employ you, lost count of the people coming on here for advise, don't be misled by these collage's making all sorts of promises, you will need a good background in plumbing first then you will have to cover the gas course's, learn about endless heating systems its a mine field, more to this job than people realise .

Why does it have to be a heating engineer out of interest? If you really want to do it do it the slow way. Proper college, not a training centre. I believe lots still offer night classes. Do that then you may get lucky to get on to doing an NVQ. If you don’t have the core plumbing knowledge. You will struggle

PS please please don’t think we’re being negative we’d hate to see you waste your hard earned cash and potentially affect the lives of your kids

Similar plumbing topics

M
thanks
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
L
Hi Lee, . My basic advice would be to do a lot...
Replies
Views
NickiSnell
N
Back