Looking to change trades... | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking to change trades... in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I'm currently working as a fire and security install engineer, primary working on construction sites for commercial places in London. I'm thinking of getting my Level 2 NVQ plumbing but hoping to stay on construction sites installing the plumbing...is this generally a thing that can be done? I don't have to go down the domestic or servicing route first?

Thanks in advance,
Hannah

Good evening Hannah,

Can you get in with a firm on the construction sites? If so, then talk through an apprenticeship/training route with them. I’m not sure if firms will just take on coursework only plumbers.

Always a shortage of trades in the big smoke, it's particularly acute at the moment.
Most definitely... just wondering the best way to go about getting into the construction side though. I believe for a CSCS car you need the NVQ level 2 to even get on the site? I currently have an ECS so not really transferrable.

I don't work on sites, why not respond to a few job ads and see what that want. But really self emp is the only way imo. Esp in a city.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are looking for a full time course at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Back