Looks like the bath plug is leaking... | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looks like the bath plug is leaking... in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

It looks as though the bath plug is leaking even though the water is dripping further up the basin as it were (i.e. in the direction of the overflow pipe/towards the camera) and not from the area immediately around the plug. I'm not too confident in replacing the plug (visions of flooding after a poor DIY job!) so wondered if putting plumbing putty or plumber's mait around the bottom of the basin around the plug outlet would prevent leaking?
FYI: I've taped the overflow pipe with waterproof duct tape, but it's still leaking and now have a small pot under the area where the water pools and then drips from to prevent further damage to the shower board. There are no cracks in the bath.
All tips and hints appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210112_090645.jpg
    20210112_090645.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 28
When you run water down the plug hole, do you see water dripping out or seeping out? As you have the panel off and all is viable. Put the plug in the bath. Put water in the bath watch underneath. No water pull the plug and watch. You should be able to identify where its coming from.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Plastic washer is no use for to act as a seal...
Replies
Views
The bath has been in use for 11 months or so...
Replies
Views
R
That is an good point but how long does it get...
Replies
Views
Back