Loose case seal on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loose case seal on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Darren Jackson

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Remeha Avanta+28C, I went to do a landlords and found that the front case was damaged, it had the two tabs that secure the front on to the main body broken off so no way to securely fit the front back on. As this case front should form a room seal & acts as an air box I stuck on a do not use label, turned it off and AR it. filled out the warning notice & I explained to the tenant that if it is used it could cause a danger in the future if the combustion seal becomes defective or if the inner flue corrodes the POC could get pulled back into the boiler and out of the broken case seal into the room if left like that & they happily signed the warning notice. Also the Exp vessel was leaking out of the schrieder valve onto the electrics and there were signs of corrosion on the main body case floor around the hydrolic block. the pressure gauge did not work & the PRV is letting by due to knackered EXP vessel. I suggested due to the age & condition of the boiler it would be better to replace rather than repair. 2 days later I get an email from Gas Safe saying that a complaint has been made about my work & I now have to meet a Gas Safe inspector at the job on the 19th at 1pm to go through it with him and the Landlord. So an afternoon with out pay!
Now I am second guessing myself & wondering if I was too harsh or wrongly AR'd it. What would you guys have done?

Correct loose case box / seal is ar poc coming back in id

Did you take pics ?

Correct loose case box / seal is ar poc coming back in id

Did you take pics ?

No foolishly I didn't but luckily the tenant did, and she willingly signed the warning notice. I have visions of returning on the 19th and a new cover has been put on it... I am sure his tenant will not be happy waiting until at least the 19th without hot water & heating until the landlord & Gas Safe decided if I was correct in AR'ing the boiler or not. Never had a complaint made against me and this has wound me up. Just doing my job and protecting people.

No foolishly I didn't but luckily the tenant did, and she willingly signed the warning notice. I have visions of returning on the 19th and a new cover has been put on it... I am sure his tenant will not be happy waiting until at least the 19th without hot water & heating until the landlord & Gas Safe decided if I was correct in AR'ing the boiler or not. Never had a complaint made against me and this has wound me up. Just doing my job and protecting people.

My thoughts exactly or a repair been done then your kinda up craps river as you have no proof just there word against yours

Surely you have a (Carbon) copy of your warning notice?

Personally if found to be backed up by gas safe, I would be billing the landlord for loss of income.

Surely you have a (Carbon) copy of your warning notice?

Personally if found to be backed up by gas safe, I would be billing the landlord for loss of income.

I use the official Gas Safe report pads, so they are all in triplicate & I have the copies. I thought about invoicing for the time myself & If I am backed up by Gas Safe that is exactly what I will be doing. (but I wont hold my breath for getting paid).

I use the official Gas Safe report pads, so they are all in triplicate & I have the copies. I thought about invoicing for the time myself & If I am backed up by Gas Safe that is exactly what I will be doing. (but I wont hold my breath for getting paid).
good job i read your post as that was my thoughts.

Yes it is the Landord who has lodged a complaint, the tenant was horrified that her children could be in danger. She said she has never had cp12 done in 3yrs she has been there!!

If that’s the case, no wonder the landlord is kicking up a Rubbish storm.... hoping to mask the fact a safety check hasn’t been done in 3 years. I hope you kindly mention it to the inspector. You’ve done nothing wrong and shouldn’t worry.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
you’ll probably find the monthly fees are...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
Is it a gioannai hex in them or cast aluminium?
Replies
Views
Back