loose toilet seat, screws wont tighten | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss loose toilet seat, screws wont tighten in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello

I cannot get my toilet seat to tighten.

I have no access to underneath the toilet. I have taken the toilet seat off and tightened the screw, but it just keep spinning. As if the hole diameter is too big.

I've tried the rubber expanding fittings and the plastic ones of similar style.

Is my only option to remove the toilet from the wall and put some lug nuts on?

You should be able to find some stainless steel toggles that are made for that purpose.
They come with plastic handles and the plastic snaps off when you pull the toggle up tight.

I just cannot think of what they are called at the moment.

Hello

I cannot get my toilet seat to tighten.

I have no access to underneath the toilet. I have taken the toilet seat off and tightened the screw, but it just keep spinning. As if the hole diameter is too big.

I've tried the rubber expanding fittings and the plastic ones of similar style.

Is my only option to remove the toilet from the wall and put some lug nuts on?
Post a piccy for more answers Chking

If it is new then fine, try and find fixings but if it's done it's duty why not replace? A new bog seat is always nice and always looks better. Plenty of top fix seats available.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Is it the type with 2 grub screws that wind in...
Replies
Views
Welp right after posting this I got the seat...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I’ve tried gently prising up the one...
Replies
Views
S
Pull the screw up whilst you untighten it.
Replies
Views
They don't look that corroded tbf, lubricant...
Replies
Views
Back