Losing pressure heating | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Losing pressure heating in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old.

The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when heating was on. So now he replaced the heat exchanger, the pressure vessel and the PRV. The system now seems to hold pressure and increases when the boiler does work.

The question is if I do have a small leak how do I find it?

Thanks

Has the boiler been ruled out as a source of the problem?

If so, go round systematically and have a careful look at every valve (zone, TRV, drain-point, etc.) and compression joint for evidence of leaks, e.g. white chalky deposits, discoloured/damp floor boards. Use a mirror, torch and reading glasses (if you normally use them) so you get a proper look. Nine times out of ten you'll find a TRV or lock-shield valve stem is the problem. Automatic air vent valves are another relative common cause of leaks.

Has the boiler been ruled out as a source of the problem?

If so, go round systematically and have a careful look at every valve (zone, TRV, drain-point, etc.) and compression joint for evidence of leaks, e.g. white chalky deposits, discoloured/damp floor boards. Use a mirror, torch and reading glasses (if you normally use them) so you get a proper look. Nine times out of ten you'll find a TRV or lock-shield valve stem is the problem. Automatic air vent valves are another relative common cause of leaks.
Hi Chuck the engineer said I have replace all the components that fail it’s like a new boiler so possibly. He pressure tested the boiler and said it passed. Cool I will check what you say and look for a leak.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
1 is filling loop passing. 2 if it’s a combi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the info. Went over today and it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I doubt your landlord will be able to evict...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
Back