Loss of pressure from Boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loss of pressure from Boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Last week I released air for a loft radiator as it was not heating up. I then re-pressurised the boiler to the high end of 1.
The unvented boiler has been setup in a way that it provides central heating to all rads and hot water to just one tap whilst also heating up the water in the an unvented hot water cylinder.

A couple of days after I had re-pressurised the boiler, I came home from work one evening to a cold house.
Upon checking the boiler, the pressure needle was on 0 and there as an E1 error.
I re-pressurised the boiler again to under 2 and all was ok for another two days and again the pressure dropped.

I have just checked the unvented cylinder and it is damp all under it and where the external Flow outlet is from the cylinder into a pipe, it is more or less continuously dripping.

I have left a message for the plumber as he was unavailable.
How concerned should I be, is it a quick fix and can I still continue to re-pressurise the boiler as the needle has reached the low 1's and will soon be on E1 again...

Cylinder.jpeg

Flow.jpeg

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
J
Thanks! much appreciated :)
Replies
Views
Joey T
J
Back