Loss of pressure in unvented central heating system. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loss of pressure in unvented central heating system. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kristy22

New Valiant ecoplus 438 wall hung condensing boiler. Hot water cylinder, on first floor. Pressure vessel in loft, Pressure drops in vessel approx 1 bar per day. Does not appear to be due to pressure relief valve. No leaks apparent. System has been running for 3 months and is a combination of old pipework in house and new in extension. Any suggestions as to cause of pressure drop please,

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk kristy22. Thanks for introducing yourself.

you either have a leak somewhere in the house or a faulty expansion vessel,it does not take much of a leak to drop pressure in a sealed system,are things like your rad valves up to it?are they 10 bar?

if I ran my system at 10 bar everything would give upwhy do rads valves have to be 10 bar? max I want to work at is 1-21/2 serious question here not sarcasm

if I ran my system at 10 bar everything would give upwhy do rads valves have to be 10 bar? max I want to work at is 1-21/2 serious question here not sarcasm

dont know,i advise everybody to fill there boilers to 1 bar when cold especially if its a he boiler,they say rad valves are built to 10 bar to cope with pressurised systems

Thank you so much Gasman for this usual info. It is all a nightmare at the mo!! Appreciate your expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Back