Loss of water pressure in my bath after installing a mixer tap | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loss of water pressure in my bath after installing a mixer tap in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

P

Paul Mutton

Hi all,

I have just installed a new mixer tap to my bath and seem to have done something wrong as after about 20 seconds the water pressure drops off, I have a low pressure system with a regular boiler and have pressure everywhere else in the hose. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Hi all,

I have just installed a new mixer tap to my bath and seem to have done something wrong as after about 20 seconds the water pressure drops off, I have a low pressure system with a regular boiler and have pressure everywhere else in the hose. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Did you buy the right taps? Some are universal, some are only suitable for high-pressure systems and some are only suitable for low-pressure...

Valve could still be faulty - those red headed gate valves are regularly failing and breaking or jamming part open after being turned.
Or, you could have a bit of crud washed into new tap cold side. I had to remove a flexi and drag a bit of fibreglass insulation out of the tail of a tap after someone had installed new taps on a bath.
Also, those slotted screw resticted flow cheap isolating valves could block easily.

Last edited:
If the hot and cold are both tank fed from the same hieght and the flow on hot water is good, then the flexible connections ( if they exist ), would be good enough size wise, in theory.
If the gate valve only turned of the water supply to the cold in question and you didn't drain the tank to change the tap, I think the gate valve is favourite.
Have you checked the flow through the valve at its outlet yet ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
As above, and did you check the suitability of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
Back