Loud buzzing noise coming from boiler (Glowworm ultimate 40ff) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loud buzzing noise coming from boiler (Glowworm ultimate 40ff) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there,

Recently my boiler started making a loud buzzing noise. The noise is intermittent, and sometimes goes off if I turn on the central heating or hot water.

I’ve had a homeserv engineer come over for a health check and he said it was a faulty (PCB). Part no: s900847

I wanted to get a second opinion on this and wondered if anyone else has seen the same issue, or what it could be?

I have a (Glowworm ultimate 40ff boiler). It’s not a combi boiler but one of the older style boilers that have the water tanks in the loft and a hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

Any advise on what could be causing the issue would be appreciated

Thanks

Kaps

The forum does not give advice on the repair of combustion appliances.

Unless you are gsr, in which case forward your gas safe number to the moderators for checking and access into the closed section of the forum where such matters are discussed.

hi there,

Recently my boiler started making a loud buzzing noise. The noise is intermittent, and sometimes goes off if I turn on the central heating or hot water.

I’ve had a homeserv engineer come over for a health check and he said it was a faulty (PCB). Part no: s900847

I wanted to get a second opinion on this and wondered if anyone else has seen the same issue, or what it could be?

I have a (Glowworm ultimate 40ff boiler). It’s not a combi boiler but one of the older style boilers that have the water tanks in the loft and a hot water tank in the airing cupboard.

Any advise on what could be causing the issue would be appreciated

Thanks

Kaps
So you're it makes this noise when neither CH or DHW is calling? That sounds very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud...
Replies
Views
R
did you ever figure out what is causing the...
Replies
Views
eddie81
E
Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
Ideal also made one or two boilers - any more...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
the video doesn't play within the post for me...
Replies
Views
Back