Loud humming noise from vokera boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loud humming noise from vokera boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ellie11

I am having problems with my boiler british gas home care have been out 4 time but the problem returns, about 5-10 minute of the heating coming on the boiler starts making a loud humming noise lasting for sometimes a few seconds to over 10 minutes, if I turn the thermostate down or recently I've just turned temperature up on the radiator setting on the boiler the noise stops instantly and water comes out the condensate pipe, still got the condensate draining into a bucket after the pipe constantly froze in the recent cold weather I am at my wits end the noise can be heard from outside as my heating is set to come on at 5 in the morning I dont think I'm very popular with my neighbours just now so would appreciate any advice

does it only make the noise when the heating is on or does it do it when the water is turned on presuming its a combi

Only the heating yes it's a combi althought I havent left a tap running long enough I have an electric shower the engineer who was out the last time seemed to think it was to do with the condensate not draining properly but said the trap was working ok

i know this may sound strange but why dont you record it on your phone for the BG bloke it is more that likely a faulty fan,pump ,gas valve, or even a seal perhaps , At least if its recorded you have proof

He's actually heard!! it but I have recorded it for the next person who comes out to it I will get british gas out again just wanted someone else's opinion

thank you for taking the time to reply you have been a great help will mention the above to the engineer

could be the boilers kettling till it reaches temp and modulates to a lower flame which can be right noisy at times

Ellie11 your welcome Good Luck
That is one I look forward to hearing Oldplumber and being able to say the cause to the customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Ideal also made one or two boilers - any more...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
Back