Low boiler flow temperature | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low boiler flow temperature in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vansbeat

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hi,I had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior 24i installed 5/6 monthsback but the boiler has to be set to max to get enough heat aroundthe house just now. The houseis a small(ish) 3 bedroom mid- terraced house. Loft fully insulated,EWI insulation professionally installed and fully double glazed. Ichecked the temperature of the flow pipe from the boiler, at theboiler, and the highest it gets is 66/67 degrees. return is 10/11degrees below this. I did a boiler rating calculation . Thisindicated 12kw output. I have taken room measurements, rads andcalculate the radiator output to be 6372kW and using various on-linecalculators the heat loss works out at 5295 kW. Would this explainthe boiler flow and return temperatures I have recorded? And whatshould/ could I do to increase the temperature and allow me to reducethe boiler setting.
thanks for any advice.
[/FONT]

Call the installer back !! How did you do the boiler rating ?? are you sure you got the right readings ?

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hiagain, I took readings over a 2 minute period and this showedconsumption of 43 units and calculated 1290 m[/FONT]³/hr. HI gross of[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]14035.2 , HI net of 12759.27 using an app from Ideal boilers on my ipad Supply to boiler is 22mm throughout and tested using thesuggestion on here of watching the hob flame when the boiler was onfull and hot water was called for. There was no change in the burnerflame. I have taken room and radiator measurements and calculatethe radiator output to be 6372kW and using various on-linecalculators the heat loss works out at 5295 kW.
[/FONT]

As you aren't gas safe, your readings are all wrong. Contact the gas engineer and get him to check your boiler over and to stop you worrying

6372kW and using various on-linecalculators the heat loss works out at 5295 kW.

Where do you live? Wembley Stadium? 5295 kW? I'm guessing you meant to say watts, not kilowatts?

But your best bet is to call the installer back.

Call your gas supplier get them to check governor on meter, if that's ok call back installer to check gas pressures, unless you fitted boiler yourself.

Oops, my mistake. Watts of course! many thanks for your responses. The boiler was fitted by a gas safe installer. i will contact gas supplier to-morrow and then follow it up, if need be, by getting the installer back for a look. Do the temperatures seem low to you guys?

I didn't know you had to be Gas Safe registered to be able to read a gas meter.

He doesn't, but as he obviously doesn't understand how to do it. It leads to him worrying, when he should be calling the installer

He doesn't, but as he obviously doesn't understand how to do it. It leads to him worrying, when he should be calling the installer
Always willing to learn, I would really appreciate if you could tell me what I should have done to rate the boiler correctly. I used information from various sites ( I know the perils of self diagnosis using the internet!!) but would really appreciate your advice.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Set the ufh mixer to 30-40 / what the design...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
Back