Low cold+hot flow upstairs, unvented cylinder. | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low cold+hot flow upstairs, unvented cylinder. in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Turned off mains, opened cold and hot side of kitchen tap, both stopped in about 30 seconds. Worked on toilet and changed some tap washers. Turned back on, all good pressure downstairs, hot and cold very poor upstairs.

Told her I'm not unvented so can't advise/deal with.

But did I do anything wrong? ...

What was it like before you touched it, did you look?
What is the incoming pressure
Is it a balanced supply

Didn't check.
Didn't check.
Not sure what that means but I did notice hot on taps that were working had good bit more oomph than cold.

New boiler, unvented etc put in very recently.

But am I right in thinking that if you want to change tap washers on a system with an unvented you just turn off the mains and run off the cold and hot? You're not meant to do anything other than that are you?

It might be a bit of muck in the filter but as you don't know about them tell her to get whoever fitted it back to have a look.

Cheers, that's what I thought.

Recently with jobs it seems all I have to do is turn on the bathroom lightswitch and the house falls down.

Cheers, that's what I thought.

Recently with jobs it seems all I have to do is turn on the bathroom lightswitch and the house falls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Article
gate intercom / gate openers can anyone...
Replies
Views
James
J
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
  • Article
Shower tray not flush to wall Hello All, I...
Replies
Views
R
  • Article
Electronic Books I’m looking to buy some...
Replies
Views
RDB85
R
Back