Low cold water pressure in only one part of the house :( | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low cold water pressure in only one part of the house :( in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom...

In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in my downstairs utility room and downstairs bathroom (they back on to each other). The main cold feed (kitchen tap) is normal pressure. And all the upstairs cold taps are normal pressure.

I've checked and turned all the isolation valves. I've checked for grit build up in taps and the washing machine hose (it's spurred off feed in utility room) to no avail. I don't have a cold water tank in loft so nothing doing there.

When I closed off the cold feed isolation valve in upstairs airing cupboard it stopped cold water upstairs and in the downstairs utility room and downstairs bathroom so it looks like they get fed after upstairs (I had assumed they would be fed first).

I'm now worried all it can be is a leak :( (plumber can't come until Wednesday)

Any bright ideas?

Difficult to say for sure but assuming it's mains pressure to these outlets that has decreased I think you would've visbly seen a leak unless pipes a buried.

Are these outlets being fed from upstairs at the end of the circuit in which case I think you probably have a blockage.

Whatever downstairs room is fed before the other, that's where I'd start investigating.

Can you post a photo of the upstairs showing where you've turned the valve off and any other pipework and valves nearby.
Where does the hot water come from, Combi boiler or Hot water cylinder?

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Fitting neg pressure pumps may be the answer.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, it's a combi boiler with a storage tank in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Lou. No change. I have not been able to get...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
Back