Low level cistern to wc connection | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low level cistern to wc connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seanydee

Hi,

I'm replacing a close couple wc with a concealed low level cistern & wc package. Due to the layout of the existing plumbing and the size of the cabinet that came with the cistern, i am planning on installing the cistern offset from the wc and making my own flush pipe using 40mm waste pipe from cistern going into a reducing 90 degree elbow into 32 mm pipe into 32mm 90 degree elbow into 32 mmm pipe into the wc, so that the final pipe goes in straight, as to use a one piece flush pipe would have it coming in at an angle and i'm not confident that i'd be able to get a seal. Is this an acceptable system? I may be able to wrangle things so that the cistern is in line with the wc and use a one piece flush pipe but it will take considerably more work, moving the existing incoming cold water pipework.
Also, is the anything i should use with the cone that connect the flush pipe to the pan to ensure a good seal?
Cheers

Much better off using 40mm waste pipe not 32mm as with the 90 bends it is going to slow the water down on the flush which may either cause a problem getting it to flush or to clear the contents away.
from memory you will have a problem getting a seal with either size of waste pipe into a flush cone so why not cut a piece of flush pipe to go into the pan & then use a 40mm McApine / multi fit elbow to connect to the waste pipe. I thing it was alright at the siphon end.
They don't teach that at a college / training centre !! LOL

Much better off using 40mm waste pipe not 32mm as with the 90 bends it is going to slow the water down on the flush which may either cause a problem getting it to flush or to clear the contents away.
from memory you will have a problem getting a seal with either size of waste pipe into a flush cone so why not cut a piece of flush pipe to go into the pan & then use a 40mm McApine / multi fit elbow to connect to the waste pipe. I thing it was alright at the siphon end.
They don't teach that at a college / training centre !! LOL

Cheers Chris. I assume this is a better solution that using a flexible flush pipe?

Hi,

I'm replacing a close couple wc with a concealed low level cistern & wc package. Due to the layout of the existing plumbing and the size of the cabinet that came with the cistern, i am planning on installing the cistern offset from the wc and making my own flush pipe using 40mm waste pipe from cistern going into a reducing 90 degree elbow into 32 mm pipe into 32mm 90 degree elbow into 32 mmm pipe into the wc, so that the final pipe goes in straight, as to use a one piece flush pipe would have it coming in at an angle and i'm not confident that i'd be able to get a seal. Is this an acceptable system? I may be able to wrangle things so that the cistern is in line with the wc and use a one piece flush pipe but it will take considerably more work, moving the existing incoming cold water pipework.
Also, is the anything i should use with the cone that connect the flush pipe to the pan to ensure a good seal?
Cheers

I'd be moving the cold water pipe as I would be concerned about the quality of the 'flush'

Cheers Chris. I assume this is a better solution that using a flexible flush pipe?
No, I have not seen a flexible flush pipe & to be honest as with most things flexible I don't think I want to, give me a bit of rigidity every time !!! :wink5:

cheers guys. i'm going to get a flexi pipe and the adaptors/rigid pipes and give both a go, see which one i'm happiest with, failing that i'll move the supply

cheers guys. i'm going to get a flexi pipe and the adaptors/rigid pipes and give both a go, see which one i'm happiest with, failing that i'll move the supply
Your not trying to please everyone by-chance, are you seanydee ?? LOL
(a flexi will end in tears mark my words)

as said it wont work with 90 elbow, why, because i have tried the same way your proposing (live n learn lol).

wangle one of these but with a double spiggot...or use 45 degree bends

29398.jpg

cheers redsaw. i've located a double spigot one at b&q so i'll try both and see which has best pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
I don't have any pictures. I think I had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try fitting a doughnut onto it.
Replies
Views
Back