Low pressure kitchen mixer tap. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low pressure kitchen mixer tap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, my parents recently replaced their old 15mm gravity fed kitchen mixer tap (the old fashioned sort with separate hot and cold taps, rubber washers etc). They fitted a single lever mixer (I think it was a crosswater) that claimed to be suitable for low pressure.
Anyway, it's no good - reading the small print it's suitable for minimum 0.5 bar - they live in a bungalow and the head is about 3m.

Can anyone recommend a basic single lever mixer that will work in this situation? I've seen various websites claiming to sell taps that will work as low as 0.1 or 0.2 bar but when you look at the manufacturer's specifications they say for best performance minimum 0.5 bar.

Thanks.

Give Bristan a call and ask them.

733A509A-0152-4BA5-A6BB-9DBA33C7645E.png

Go for a traditional (multi turn valved) tap.
Few ceramic disc valves will deliver in your circumstances.
ALSO.
Make sure the local isolation valves are FULL BORE. If not then no matter what you fit, it will have worse flow than it could.
FYI, in a bungalow at best you'll have 0.2bar
HTH

Thanks for the replies. They were trying to get away from the "tap" type due to arthritis etc. He's been measuring tank height and head is indeed 0.2 bar. He has no paitence and since me posting he has ordered another tap - a Premier Eon DTY306 which allegedly works at 0.1 bar. I'm not convinced but looks like we'll be giving it a try! I will replace the ISO with a full bore version.​

Thanks for the replies.
He's been measuring tank height and head is indeed 0.2 bar.​

Fancy that! These plumber types, lucky buggers - sheer fluke & s0d all to do with donkeys years of hard graft at all :rolleyes:

We can but try CDBE. Can I be first with the I told you sos? ;) You are allowed to quote this, "David said it's a shame your patience didn't run to 6 feet" :mad:

Good luck, sure sounds like you're gonna need it..:(

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The water should come out no hotter than the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Latter option much cheaper and simpler.
Replies
Views
Back