LOW PRESSURE MIXER TAP & PIPING | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss LOW PRESSURE MIXER TAP & PIPING in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I have a low pressure system, but it seems I have a high pressure tap.

I have amend some of the pipework to the tap anf put a full bore 15mm isolator on pipe to help keep the full flow, but the flex from the mixer are really small in diameter how can I over come this, or do I just need to change the tap?

Hello,

I have a low pressure system, but it seems I have a high pressure tap.

I have amend some of the pipework to the tap anf put a full bore 15mm isolator on pipe to help keep the full flow, but the flex from the mixer are really small in diameter how can I over come this, or do I just need to change the tap?

Change the tap to save any future issues. As for the flexi’s, how small?

Does all of this stem from the original post of the header tank and work to hot water tap? If so this could be why the water appears to have air in it.

Change the tap to save any future issues. As for the flexi’s, how small?
Im not sure what diameter they are but heresa pic
Does all of this stem from the original post of the header tank and work to hot water tap? If so this could be why the water appears to have air in it.

Yes correct, so it could be the tap thats the issue rather than the system, heresthe pic of the flex pipes.

flex.PNG

Are these new taps you have just put it because they come
sometimes with inserts to limit high pressure but if its a low pressure system you need to remove them...or if not start again as the experts advise
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Have you done a flow test on your respective supplies?. and are they located upstairs or downstairs?.
Did a few flow tests a few years ago on relation's downstairs system which had a mixer supplied with 2X 0.35M x 5mm flexi hoses (don't think you would get much smaller ID than that)
Cold Tap (2.75 bar static head) flowed 10 LPM and flexi only (removed from tap) 15 LPM.
Hot Tap (0.5 bar static head) flowed 4.2 LPM and flexi only (removed from tap) 6.7 LPM.

It was a second hand sink with tap. Where would the inserts be and what do they look like?
A bit like spiral pasta but stuck well up into the feeds for the taps, you will need long nosed
pliers to get anywhere near removal...bluntly as its second hand..the permutations are almost limitless...if you can ditch it and get new stuff up to spec....basins etc are not expensive and taps range from budget to silly prices for designer poo

A bit like spiral pasta but stuck well up into the feeds for the taps, you will need long nosed
pliers to get anywhere near removal...bluntly as its second hand..the permutations are almost limitless...if you can ditch it and get new stuff up to spec....basins etc are not expensive and taps range from budget to silly prices for designer poo

I like the sink and tap, bit will.diych the tap and get a proper spec one.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You on a combi, unvented cylinder or gravity...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
Back