Low Pressure on combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low Pressure on combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dee 50

We had central heating installed back in September 2012 everything fitted by qualified gas fitter and we have had no problems what so ever. Over a month ago we had a new bathroom fitted with a shower that runs using our combi ideal logic 30, also they took the radiator off the wall to tile behind it, then put the radiator back on the wall. He then had to put water into the boiler that was the last thing he did before leaving the house.1 week later we got an error which read low water pressure – 1 fill system to 1.0 bar, 2 bleed radiators, 3 contact installer, I put water into the boiler, then 18 days later I got the same error message so again I put some more water in the boiler, then again 2 day later got the same error message so yet again put water in the boiler as instructed but now constantly getting message don’t want to keep putting water in the boiler. Can you please offer any advice? Thanks

Sounds like:

1) A lot of air and needs bleeding thoroughly
2) You have a leak
3) Expansion vessel gone
4) If they drained the system using the PRV, then it may not have seated correctly.
5) All of the above

Btw, did they refill the system with inhibitor? I bet not, in which case they may have invalidated your warranty on the boiler.

just found out that the radiator the builder took out is leaking from both nuts when the heating is on. Will get my husband to take radiator off clean nuts and put back on, should he then put the inhibitor in the radiator. Does it matter which inhibitor he buys? Thank you for your quick response

just found out that the radiator the builder took out is leaking from both nuts when the heating is on. Will get my husband to take radiator off clean nuts and put back on, should he then put the inhibitor in the radiator. Does it matter which inhibitor he buys? Thank you for your quick response

any inhibitor that is buildcert certified will have met the min standards required and will be suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Back