Low pressure taps | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low pressure taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi friends

So, here we go again!

Thought I'd ask the pro's now.

Changed bath taps and now pressure is rubbish.

It's a gravity fed system and new taps are mixer with shower attach, previous were pillar taps about 40yo.

Same happened in my mums house and I've been asked by others what can be done.

So, what's the issue?

Low pressure taps - what's the deal/difference?

No one wants a pump.

Before both hot & cold what good pressure. Now not.

I need an answer and solution. I want to sort for custards and in the future not have this happen.

So, over to you!! Any ideas? (Please).

Rct

The only difference from a low pressure tap and standard . (6litres per min) is larger flexi's and a non airating spout.

So why when you change old pillar taps to these modern mixers with shower attach does the water lose a the pressure? As an example, my mothers bath takes 20 mins to fill. Before it was 5 mins max!

Very frustrating

modern taps tend to have smaller waterways so the flow rates through them are less, pressure is not effected, the pressure is the same as the tank to tap height is the same.

Always best to check the min pressure and flow rates of the tap when the system is gravity.

taps that have a form of flow limitation normally need a min 1bar supply.

Thanks, yes, agreed pressure would be the same but the flow rate is useless.

Any recommendations on what bath taps (mixer) still provide good flow rates?

try keep away from ceramic disc taps. Trouble is most taps these days are ceramic disc, the customer buys the tap for its look

Yeah, custard buys, I fit, they complain, I have no answer!!

I'd really like to sort out my mums tap though, she needs a mixer now as she's 81 and can't put on/off the old fashioned hair washer.

Her old council pillar taps were good!

just point out the problem before they buy them, then if they do its their fault. You have done your job. Keep looking for some 'screwdown' type taps for your mum, I am sure there's some out there

TBH i have never noticed screwdown taps with a pressure/flow rateing, they will no doubt, but the ceramic disc wll always be around 0.1/0.2.
Any tap that screws rather than quater turns will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
G
  • Question
Ever wondered why your RV experiences a drop...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anything been changed, or added recently?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back