Low water pressure after DIY work | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Low water pressure after DIY work in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I replaced some plastic pipes and fittings on my mains inlet under the sink with copper today. First time ever attempting plumbing, but it seems ok with no leaks. At first it was all hunky dory, but I later noticed my water pressure had gone down. I’ve attached a pic. The section from the check valve to just before the pressure regulator is what I replaced.

I’ve got less than a bar of pressure currently and can’t think what can be causing it. There’s the main stopcock, check valve and pressure regulator. I took the pressure regulator off to see if it was blocked for any reason, but it seems fine. Can a check valve cause a blockage?

Other than that only the stopcock is left and that seems fine too.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• A5D4C904-B271-40C0-824C-53BEAEE2043B.jpeg
    A5D4C904-B271-40C0-824C-53BEAEE2043B.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 36
As in my initial post, the water pressure was fine (when I took the photo) and gradually reduced until it went down to zero. Water trickled out of the taps. Then all by itself it started rising until it reached 2.5 bar.

The prv is toast by the looks of it so I’m picking up a new one today. Adjusting it makes no difference to the pressure. It was also previously clogged up resin from a water softener that leaked tonnes of it into the prv inlet so some of it might still be stuck in there.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes 15mm.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just fixed mine by putting weights in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you are capping off something temporarily...
Replies
Views
Back