Lower Cost Boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lower Cost Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Welton

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I usually fit Remeha gas boilers, but have to quote for a customer who are a bit stretched at the moment, what cheaper boilers come recommended at the moment. Have seen a few recommendations on here for the Ideal Logic's should i consider anything else?

Oh, not interested in any of the Heat Line, Feroli, Alpha stuff as i will have to look after it in the future!

I too keep hearing good things about the Logic and now I have been told it was designed by an outside team,even more reasons to look at it favorably
Or the potterton mains or Baxi equivalent

imho

That's interesting to know, I was a little hesitant to say the least after their last efforts coincidentally I'm off up to Ideal later this week to do the Logic product course so will learn more then.

I did look at the baxi's but cant help but think that this combustion management system they have may be a little troublesome in the future, which is a shame as the old duotechs were nice simple boilers. Will have a look at the Main's and Potterton's though.

i would go for a main eco combi fitted quite a few very straight forward never had any issues. £585 inc flue & clock at my merchants and you can now register on their works and get points n vouchers for whatever.

or you could go for the new pro combi a it's a logic with a different facia panel

I've fitted hundreds of main combis, hardly any comebacks.

That's interesting to know, I was a little hesitant to say the least after their last efforts coincidentally I'm off up to Ideal later this week to do the Logic product course so will learn more then.

Let us know how you get on and your thoughts after you visited ideal.

Have priced for a pro combi, £499 +vat inc flue and timer, apparently they still have some of the old vokera based units they are trying to push out, so unless you specify the newer ideal models that's what you'll get!

Have priced for a pro combi, £499 +vat inc flue and timer, apparently they still have some of the old vokera based units they are trying to push out, so unless you specify the newer ideal models that's what you'll get!

The pro combi is the vokera, whilst the pro combi exclusive is based on the ideal independant (logic). They are both listed in the catalogue For the price quoted you should be able to get the procombi exclusive 30 (inc flu & timer)

or you could go for the new pro combi a it's a logic with a different facia panel

Fitted one of these a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, for £469+ vat, you can't go wrong frankly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree fitted a few main Eco combi's seem a very good boiler for the price. Install with a magnaclean to protect boiler

agreed magna clean and main eco combi is a winning combination for a buudget system! only bit of advice is undo the nuts on the back of the jig connections or you may struggle like hell to get them line up. :)

cracking deals on theses at my local merchants with flue,clock, inhibitor and loop all included :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Back