LPG boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss LPG boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is it true that you can't install a NG boiler and convert to LPG? Do they have to be factory made for LPG? I was speaking to a mate and that's what he reckons

Some cone pre converted, some you need a kit and some is just an adjustment on the boiler.

Yes you can convert NG boilers to LPG with the relevant convertion kit. But you must stick the conversion data badge sticker over the older NG data plate.

for some the 25 quid conversion kit is a washer! should really come with the boiler in the first place!

You can convert them but its just easier to order the LPG boiler as the gas valves come factory set for LPG, also if you don't set it up correctly its a get out clause for the manufacture to void the warranty.

So this bloke was wrong then as he said all lpg boilers now had to be factory made for lpg and he had to fit a worcester as there are no lpg vaillants in the country. I have always converted them stuck new stickers on and thats it. but he was adamant.

So this bloke was wrong then as he said all lpg boilers now had to be factory made for lpg and he had to fit a worcester as there are no lpg vaillants in the country. I have always converted them stuck new stickers on and thats it. but he was adamant.

Yep he was dead wrong or he just really wanted to fit a worcester!:banghead:

Vaillant now list that some of their boilers are available as LPG variants and some are not so it looks like they have changed their stance. I remember reading something that they would no longer let people do the conversion themselves because they were getting too many call backs due to poor setting up.

Vailliant have had LPG models for a while but we have ditched them as a supplier as they were stating only their engineers could set the boilers up causing much problems as the fella above says and we had a problem with the baxi as its easily changed over by simply typing it into the boiler the supply is LPG but when ever there was a power cut the boiler reset it self to nat gas ! We don't seem to get much problems with the Worcester boilers and it comes Pre set . Glow worm is another option but we have come across the odd dodgy gas valve which makes it a issue to set up sending the anayler all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it bottles or bulk tank? They go over pipe...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Outside of using a gas-safe LPG engineer, do I...
Replies
Views
Edited original response, as for some reason...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Back