LPG bottle usage approx 14 radiators (don't want tank) | USA Plumbers Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss LPG bottle usage approx 14 radiators (don't want tank) in the USA Plumbers Advice area at Plumbers Forums

W

Wabosso

Please could someone advise me on approx monthly usage of 47KG bottled gas with 14 Rads.
Also what would be the tank gas approx cost including mothly tank rental.
Thanks,

How longs a piece of string?

If you dont turn it on it will last forever. What sort of usage you looking at? 2 hours a night, two hours on the morning?, how many people I.e. hot water usage?

Have a look on the calor site, they are doing free tank install and upto 12m of pipework for swapping fuels.

Personally wouldnt touch with a barge pole. Cheaper alternatives out there. Even oils cheaper than lpg.

It will be alot. I think my bottles cost me £70ish including deposit for the bottle which is about £25 they wont last that long you either running so many rads. Really you want to go bulk storage or another fuel.

Easy 47kg bottle is 90 ltrs of gas this = 90 x 8 kw/ltr = 720 kws

if your 14 rad system has a 15 kw boiler the bottle will last 720/15 = 48 hrs, if the boiler only runs 15 mins out of every
hour then the bottle will last 48 x 4 = 192 hrs, if you take a lot of gas off the bottle on warm up it might freeze up better use 4 bottles
on a manifold.

Good luck

A 1000 litre tank is FOC just a small rent, but the gas will be much cheaper in bulk I don't see the point, but what do I know

I would go oil

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If its a conversion, depending how well it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, both. Good tips. Will give them a go.
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
My In-laws lives in Scotland Perthshire (I'm...
Replies
Views
Back