LPG firepit burner | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss LPG firepit burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

A custard has purchased this burner from the US of A along with some other bits and Bob's.
Unfortunately there is nothing that will screw satisfactorily into the pictured thread.
The size is approximately half inch but it's not a BSP thread.
Any thoughts on the thread name and where to get an adaptor to bsp?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379535407775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379535407775.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 28
I can't believe your entertaining this

Walk away from the job

Hi pal it's probably 1/2" NPT Thread, similar to our BSP but the thread pitch Is different and thread count per inch, had it with some 1 1/4" thread on a filter a while back.....try a pipeline center or online supplier

There was a thread on something like this.

I vaguely remember posting a link to a site that supplied appropriate nipples and bushes.

I'll try and find it.

weld some thing on?

A practical suggestion, but probably not acceptable to the gas safety (installation and use) regulations.
And I'm not prepared to put my neck on the line by modifying this burner just to earn a few quid.

There was a thread on something like this.

I vaguely remember posting a link to a site that supplied appropriate nipples and bushes.

I'll try and find it.
Probably find some elite **** site if you google that.

What was meant by that was I didn't think it would be an issue using non standard mods as fitting not approved anyway, bit naughty but ....................

Pi**poor update.
I have asked for the MI's and evidently they are available by email which I may set eyes on tomorrow.

This piece of kit was purchased on eBay, says it all imho.

I'd be careful with this one MM.

And I still don't know your real name!

Gonna call you Grizzley from now on!

I've done one of these but it was made in UK, for LPG and came already bolted together with regulator etc.. Do LPG appliances always have a GC no? Seem to remember something from my last changeover course..

I hope it has an appropriate ce mark so you can legally install it otherwise its your arse on the line for an illegal install :)

Not much feedback from the customer so far but I think that he has wasted his money.

Seems he bought this kit off eBay. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Have you cleaned the heat ex?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Brilliant, will do! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Back