Lukewarm water being produced by boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lukewarm water being produced by boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan7146

Hi, im looking for some advice in relation to my boiler!! Weve been in our current home for 5 years. The house had a brand new boiler fitted and wd have never had any issues until recently. A few weeks ago we noticed the temp of our baths was getting cooler, to the point where the majority of baths are lukewarm. Every now and then however we do get a decent bath! We have no issues with the CH as this seems to br working fibe and the boiler is firing up but the temp gauge rarely gets above 60c!! The pressure gauge below that seems to sit between 0 and 1 if that makes sense!! Has anybody any ideas and if so will it be expensive to fix??

Thanks in advance. Dan

when the water is lukewarm, is this with the heating on ? and does the boiler fire up with the heating off and calling for hot water ?

try running the hot tap with the heating off and check if the boiler has fired up or is just staying at the pilot light.

i had this problem last week and it was my domestic hot water diaphragm, was simple enough to fix and the part was cheap.
my pressure kept dropping also because there was a small hole in the diaphragm.

Get a Heating Engineer out to service the Boiler.

Shorticus thanks for the reply. Its a Biasi m96.24sm/c boiler!! Is that right?

Quigley, thanks for the reply also! The boiler fires up no problem when calling for hot water and the hot water downstairs tends to be fine. Our heating has been on pretty much consistently of late!!

Cheers!

Is the hot water out of basin,shower and kitchen sink ok,if so could just be the flow rate through the bath tap to high in relation to the very cold water coming into the property,try turning tap down slightly

The water everywhere else does seem fine!! How do u mean adjust the flow rate?? Thanks again!!

don't open the tap full, just open it slightly gives the water more of a chance to be heated. my bath is the same I don't get a good flow rate off my boiler.

Quigley, thanks a lot! Thats seems to do the trick! I will b getting the boiler serviced in the new year though because it didnt used to do that! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
That is manifold fo4 all rooms on 1st floor...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back