m.p. expenses scandal | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter REDSAW
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K

Discuss m.p. expenses scandal in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

been called over to a job today at an m.p's office as the sink plug was not opening up to drain properly in the staff toilet.
i was on the other side of town and travelled approx 10 miles to these offices within 2 hours of call.
when i got there it took all of about 2 minuites to work out that the pop-up had been slowly rotated down when cleaned to the shut position, all it needed was 3-4 anti-clock-wise turns to sort it out. so out with the tools (thumb and fore-finger) and bob's your uncle, sorted.
the secretary standing over my shoulder remarked on how she was silly not to have thought of doing that first:rolleyes:. then she said 'how much'........:eek::eek:.
to be honest i thought, nothing dear, then my better wisdom ruled what with travelling over etc (although i had finished for the day).... er, call it £20 for my time luv'.

now i have to give a full invoice and send it to the house of commons to be verified by the appropriate boddies before i get me monnies:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

should of just whacked them for the full hour, think i will just not bother now, or do you think i should invoice the full hour anyways irrespective to what i told the secretary? what would you do?.lol
at least the secretary took my card for her own use and will be calling me soon for some work:D.

send one for £20 to the house of commons, you never know, they might start passing more work your way

send in your invoice and when you get the cheque frame it:)regards turnpin

weird situation really, you go over to quote to repair, its simple so fix it in 2 mins whilst investigating its sorted.
problem is, you loose that job that could have been min charge booked in?????????

invoice them £20 for your time and £25 for your wisdom
:):)
Thought you were going to say sink was blocked from all the rubbish they have been excreting recently :p

When you get the £45 from them the commons,take the cheque to the daily mail,say it is payment for personal acts with a plunger and turn it into £500 for story

sorted !! :eek:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was thinking of just ringing round any ladder...
Replies
Views
A resume of the outcome would be polite...Rob...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
New heating expansion and safety set ?
2 3
Replies
Views
Fork and Knife. 45000 kw hr a year! That’s a...
Replies
Views
Back