Magic heating box | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Magic heating box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate of mine fitted them for a while but he stopped because he kept expecting a visit from watchdog!

The technology works just not applied this way. magic marketing is the only success with this as its rubbish

As always with these things, its so great, why is it not being sold through mainstream channels? Could it be because mainstream channels employ professional buyers who also passed their o'level physics?

Cant be kosher, or bg would be knocking them out for mega bucks.

Is that not same as what has just been 'promoted' on bbc news this evening? It says government is backing it with few home trials? Some American company that makes electric cars or summat

This lot keep phoning me for regional distribution deals.

The Magic heating box is just a small buffer tank in effect, like a dunsley. I can see how it may help improve the system by maintaining a lower boiler return temperature and allowing the radiator circuit to be run at a much higher flow rate by decoupling them from the boiler flow and return which normally dictates a greater temperature drop to ensure the boiler will condense. This then increases the mean water temperature of the radiator meaning greater output.

The savings they are quoting seem to be extremely high though. I think they compare a system with no control whatsoever to their 'package' which includes a room stat, trvs, this box, a powerflush and just about anything else they can use to increase the figures!

The other downside is the need for multiple pumps which will increase the electrical running costs.

Not so magic, more a case of profiting off the fact that most heating systems aren't correctly balanced which will decrease efficiency.

Basically yeah! , although the idea is to de-stratify the water in it I guess.. and it's not magic... At all.

looking at the size of it, i wouldnt think it would need de-stratifying!. but just seems a pretty lowloss header ina box

Has anyone actually dared to rip the cover off one of these and see what is actually inside it?

My guess is that it is a small buffer tank or LL header with automatic air vent and built in circulation pump, or is it something else?

looking at the size of it, i wouldnt think it would need de-stratifying!. but just seems a pretty lowloss header ina box

It wouldn't if piped in such a way, a LLH remains stratified because of the shape and way the connections are piped.

It's a Low Loss Header in a box,shysters... £8K was one price i seen :(

the only good magic box is the blue film with the same name..................

as for these plumbing ones they are rip off merchants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back