Magnetic flush | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Magnetic flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams has the magnacleanse full kit for 299 plus vat.

I'm gonna grab it later in the week most likely.

Exactly the same price as the Kamco unit. Which one is better??

About to spend a load of money with Williams. Got that job fitting the three boilers. So just getting organised. Might be phoning you Billy.

We've got the kamco it's pretty good, simple to use, never had any leaks on it and cleans fairly easily

Cool. I need to check the statistics out of the magnets. What a fascinating life I lead!

Exactly the same price as the Kamco unit. Which one is better??

About to spend a load of money with Williams. Got that job fitting the three boilers. So just getting organised. Might be phoning you Billy.

Knew you would :)
welcome too, i have training for the next week and the week after ill be working in cardiff from the looks of it!!

what set up have you gone with?

LOL - Well in fairness, I'm using you guys more and more recently. Often over my other main merchants for a couple of reasons, but the main one is you're cheaper than the rest!!

This order will def' be going to Williams as the I know without checking that the boilers will be cheaper. I know that sounds like a brown nose but it's true.

Knew you would :)
welcome too, i have training for the next week and the week after ill be working in cardiff from the looks of it!!

what set up have you gone with?

Training, typical!

Gone for 2 30 CDI's with a custom LLH, with 28mm TF1's (on special at Rays place!) on each boiler. Not sure what pumps to use on the LLH yet. Might take some advise, but really don't want to pay modulating as they won't be needed. Then 3 28mm honeywell 2 ports, and some updated relays, controls etc. Looking forward to it, and it's given me a while to put off the bathrooms I had booked in. Fed up with bathrooms, and I've only done this one in the last few months. So much work goes into them.

Anyway, the other install at the same house is the 18ri. Just a standard swap over from the oil boiler. With a power flush, and controls update.

Keeping it OV by the way.

So what's better anyone Kamco or Magnaclean unit?

Chemicals and mains water for me power flush is a con just another unnecessary expense my opinion don't shoot me lol

I have the full Kamco set-up CF 90 mag filter, analysers etc....does a spot on job and Kamco are very helpful and have the back up.

Yup! Doing my lpg first time, permanent dwellings, residential park homes and leisure vehicles too :)

Take advantage of rays fittings prices, most beat BES.

I would fit y type strainers before the tf1. Any large chucks will get stopped dead.

Not forgetting the quarter turn drains rather than drain offs, i know you're experienced but having worked on a similar job that what i would do :D
i was the one with an aqua vac and an entire basements worth pipe to drain after everything was blocked to hell after a year. Smallest pipes were 28's!!

I've got a PF phil. Just don't want to use it on the main house and risk some liberated water!!

Billy, I'm not too pig headed to listen to advice mate. Only an idiot does that.

I will fit some strainers as you suggest, and yeah quarter turn drain offs. Need to spec the drain off on the LLH before it gets made too.

Hope the LPG goes well btw. Its easy mate. I wish I had added my residential park homes and leisure vehicles. I sat the exams after i did the lpg changeover but there was a misunderstanding over the cost and I said forget those elements. So I sat and passed it, but didn't add it. I called up the next day as I'd changed my mind. Too late! Doh.

Rph and lav goes hand in hand as I'm doing commercial catering next year to get to mobile catering.

and it often tends to be that the people who own the kiosks live in a lav or rph!
im lucky with my training costs, not only do i get a discount because i sit them where i did the apprenticeship, i go in and help out with the apprentices sometimes so i get even more knocked off.

is the llh a vertical set up?
a full bore valve to let you flush out the sediment ?

i feel almost bad, you've got 10x + the experience i have!

atleast you have an excuse to use your 28 bender now :)

Yeah, verticle header. Will probably put a 15mm f/f lever valve on it. Could even stick a 22mm on there if I wanted. As I'm having it made to suit.

Wondering whether I should go up to 35mm for the strainers as I would worry a bit about the 28mm' s getting clogged. Or fit em after the filters as a last resort.

I scrapped a short length of 35mm the other week as it had been sitting there so long. What a fool.

Mobile cattering is a hard nut to crack from what I've heard BTW mate. Quite sewn up, but I'm sure you can get your name around if you try. Bet the money is good as I don't think there are many out there doing it.

Mobile cattering is a hard nut to crack from what I've heard BTW mate. Quite sewn up, but I'm sure you can get your name around if you try. Bet the money is good as I don't think there are many out there doing it.

Cracked :D im very lucky to have my dad!
alis been doing them till i have the tickets.

ive used both, both do the job. I prefere the kamco and its the one i have, you can see inside to see it working and what the system water like, you can bypass the filter to clean it out. i think the magnet is stronger? I dont think you will be unhappy with either tbh.

Is the magnet stronger?

I liked the idea of the Kamco too, but as it wasn't clearly a one horse race, I have ordered a Magnacleanse from Williams. I've got a powerflush booked for saturday too, so I'll use it for that before the job I've bought it for. Hopefully it will speed up the powerflush I'm doing and start paying for itself from day 1!

it seems stronger to me but ive never compared em together. does the adey state the magnet strength?

I know when i powerflush id be lost without watching the system water go through the kamco filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would be concerned about the 5.5 bar...
Replies
Views
That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
back feeding from your central heating?
Replies
Views
S
Type of boiler, did it all work before new...
Replies
Views
Back