main 15he heat only explosive ignition | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss main 15he heat only explosive ignition in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Ok the above boiler is doing my nut in. It has explosive ignition and I have replaced the electrodes, spark igniter, check condensate and sump for blockages, inlet pressure good, fan running ok and so I called manufacturer who told me to test resistences on gas valve. He said gas valve is faulty. So I changed today and it is still banging. Any other ideas chaps

Last edited:
Does it do it everytime or after it has been running for a while? Have you checked the insulation? Check the where the condense terminates if it goes into a waste check where it connects to it

Yes it does it all the time. Some times really loud and some times quiet. The waste goes into a gulley which is totally clear. It's weird as it isn't the gas lighting that makes the noise, it's something before that sounds like it's dropping and then releasing the gas and it lights

Insulation was only replaced a few months ago. It does it also with the case on or off

Can you disconnect things working back from ignition and try and pinpoint it if it sounds like it is before ignition?

check plastic venturie on fan for swarf,worth checking any way crap boiler IMHO

check plastic venturie on fan for swarf,worth checking any way crap boiler IMHO

Will do. And agree, rubbish boiler. I hate it when the technical can just say what they want with a care of how much it will cost. They have cost me a few quids on this heap

Will do. And agree, rubbish boiler. I hate it when the technical can just say what they want with a care of how much it will cost. They have cost me a few quids on this heap
ignore that,thought it was the band a this ones band b or put another way HE version of the suprima ,think these have fan issues

Just a thought. These boilers had flue issues and a revised turret was made available. The ally inner was corroding on earlier one.
The new turret has a plastic inner and should have the sampling screw point on side.
You checked the flue in full? FGA inlet and outlet?

Just a thought. These boilers had flue issues and a revised turret was made available. The ally inner was corroding on earlier one.
The new turret has a plastic inner and should have the sampling screw point on side.
You checked the flue in full? FGA inlet and outlet?

checked with analsyer today and no co in air intake. This does have a nut on the flue but doesn't mention analyser test point in MI's. So i just wacked probe in from otside. This one is just over 31/2 yrs old

There were two technical bulletins issued for this appliance. First one related to the air guide between the burner blades where the ignition electrode is fitted lifts up causing the electrode to intermittently short to earth.(Solution...push the air guide back down). The second one relates to water ingress through the flue damaging the fan. caused by condensate leaking from the flue tube into the air intake tube and drops onto the fan. (Solution...check/replace seals. check for seals pushed out during installation. Remake all flue joints)
Watching that video on utube, the burner pressure does look high for ignition, should it not start at lower burner pressure and then step up once flame proved?

Have you tried the simple stuff remove the burner and vac it the suprimas always end up full of dust. Then remove the can and check the cups are hollow and not smoothed over with dust? An atomiser with some soapy water in it and a 1/2 paintbrush with the handle cut off is usually the best way to clean them. Also if it's a band b dose it have a recuperator on the flue if so the acidity may have caused corrosion and fragments of the heat exchanger may be blocking the flue ways

Not having worked on one I don't know what board this has but the band a solo and promax sl had a jumper on the PCB that could be removed for low rate ignition I THINK it was the yellow one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
D
Apologies, I don’t believe it is condensing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Main Eco 30 Combi boiler I...
Replies
Views
Yes.
Replies
Views
Back