main 28 he -overheating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss main 28 he -overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
hi all,

did a water storage tank replacement today,after job done lady complaint rads not geting hot!it s a system boile Main28he boiler ground floor cylinder right above ,had a look i thought tree port valve has had its time ,as it did look melted overheated or something.changed it over still the same,boiler fires up overheat it self and looks up.then turn of 1 floor rads ,and run just downstairs did get the first and second worm,then turn off down stairs and run up stairs only same just first and second worm as boiler keep over heating.next i did is turned of all rads and put my house on the drain and start filling up and draining to over come any air look .boiler still looked up even i was introducing cold water !then i had a look on the pump 15/60 scolding hot !when changed the tree port valve noticed pipe work nice and clean ,so sign ther could not be blockage ,had my magnet out on the pipe work round the return pipe to boiler did not pick up anything!then i thought is the pump as it could not be the heat exchanger as i thought , ordered new pump going back on Friday!

any suggestion will be helpful !!!

oh yes did run it on hot water no joy the same, bled coil on the flow!
no sign of change so i think pump must be naked!

Last edited:
Sounds like the pump, but is there a filter in the return connection if same as Baxi [ remove cap on isso valve & pull out tubular filter with snipenose pliers.] could be blocked

is this the same boiler all beit a system version of a baxi 105 he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All fixed. Changing the nozzle and cleaning...
Replies
Views
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
Back