Main 30 HE Combi boiler fault on hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main 30 HE Combi boiler fault on hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamiepm

Hi all,
Looking for some guidance on what to do to fix my boiler. I've started to notice that hot water water has become intermitent in supply of hot water, this has been going on for a few months now. And at present the boiler is switched to CH & DWH mode, however on reading some of the info on the internet. I tried the following, I switched my bolier to DWH only and set the temp stat to max, then turned on the hot tap fully, however the burner light didn't illuminate and likewise no burner equalled no hot water!!. I then repeated the test and put the boiler into CH & DWH mode and opened the hot tap fully and again no burner illumination/fire up, however if I reduce the hot water tap flow it bursts into life and then I'm able to open the hot tap fully and get hot water (sounds like I'm jump starting the system!). Any takers on what is bust??

Cheers Jamie

can you see the pin on the diverter moving in and out when you turn hot tap on and off also check microswitch

Last edited by a moderator:
At present I've not taken the cover off the boiler, how easy is it to see the pin on the diverter valve???

Now taking the cover off the boiler!!

CHeers Jamie

Update, took cover off and checked divertor valve. Straight away noticed weeping/tiny leak from the pin area of the divertor valve, and it isn't quite making the micro switch, I'm somewhat puzzled why it generally works when in DHW/CH mode over just DHW mode. Also noticed what looks like scale deposits around the leaky pin area. The question is what do I need to do to fix my boiler??

Cheers Jamie

Are these kits readily available and do you know the kind of price I should expect to pay for it??

Cheers Jamie

yes they are readily available and cheap, about £10 a kit

quick update, bought the kit as suggested, on dismantling the assembly found wear in the nylon bush and a small split in the diaphragm. Piece of cake to changeover the bits, and hey presto normal operations have returned, so thanks again for the advice

Cheers Jamie

strange one gasman givin advice to none gas safe he;ll be messing with the gas valve next having thought its easy

sarcasm mmm, I know what I should and shouldn't touch. Clever posts don't mean you are clever!

you shouldnt touch anything as your not classed as a competant person in the eyes of gas safe,so no scarcasm just the law mate

without risking a ban, I'll leave it there. I understand Gas Safe, I also understand when people try and stoke things up. Assumptions are exactly that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
Back