Main boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiedale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, met a rep today in merchants from MAIN boilers, i have seen them but never intalled. Whats your opinions, rep said they are same as Baxi Duotec ?

no there not the same as a DUOTEC totally different,never done a main band a but done loads of the band b which is a baxi 105

some bits similar but cant be identical to baxis or theyd be called baxi!, main concentrate on independant merchants, prices arent to bad, you can still get a band b for caravans only (LOL) and they weigh heavy! and they are cheap

main he is the same as the potterton he just badged as main and cheaper .fitted a few good value for money and cheap parts . main and baxi training courses are not as cheap as other manufacturesrs though .

ant

I've fitted about twenty five now and haven't had a call back on any of 'em. They are easy to fit and you can get the pipes up the back without any spacer kit. The jig and flue positions are interchangeable with the Baxi 105e / HE/ and Main 30HE so if you are replacing any of these with a Main 30Eco it's a cinch. They are aluminium silicate so not the same as the Duotec (which is stainless) but the rep tells me they are bomb proof and the heat ex. is taken from a tried and tested industrial unit..... but then he would, wouldn't he.

Actually the rep is brilliant, drops me free parts off occasionally and has given me hospital kits for both band b he and band a eco boilers free of charge. He also organises the odd bowling night out for the lads (and lasses) from the local merchants. If you register with Main you will get a two year warranty as well.

I've done three or four training days at the local Baxi training centre in Warrington - haven't had to pay for any of 'em, in fact I've got a Duotec training day booked for next month, again gratis.

Overall, if you need a budget boiler Mains are great, if you need something a bit more powerful or refined a Duotec is the one.

Dan

i was invited to ask my thoughts on the main eco he,having installed 200+ of main30-24he/performa/105he and lots of duotecs/gold/plats did not like it and told the main rep(andy)as much, heat exchangers a remaha unit,and as you say is aluminium silicate,which i have said (and lots agree is crap)stainless is the only way to go for he boilers IMHO and as i fix lots stainless rarely plays up as for the performa/band b main/105 he yes they are aluminium silicate as well but its a secondary exchanger not main exchanger i can buy them cheap being trade and can change them in 20-30 mins and out of 200+have had 6 fail tbh baxi paid for 5 for me to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
P
Have you paid everything he asked for and did...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Back