Main Combi 30 HE DHW Pressure Differential Valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main Combi 30 HE DHW Pressure Differential Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adamsky

Hi,
I've got a differential valve that isn't deflecting except when the hot water is fully on. It should be deflecting with much less flow. There is no problem with the hot or cold water flow. I've had the valve apart and everything is clean and free and the diaphragm is intact. The micro-bore tubes connecting the valve to the flow regulator are free/unblocked. I have had the flow regulator apart and it all looks clean and in original condition. When the spindle eventually moves out it moves steadily and not suddenly as if overcoming sticksion.
Now as far as I'm aware there isn't much to it. The incoming water flows past a restrictor and then a venturi (I thought a venturi is a restrictor?) and the resulting pressure differential is tapped off to deflect the differential valve. The differential valve obviously isn't getting enough pressure differential, which must mean the restrictor isn't restricting enough, and yet the restrictor looks to be in good condition.
Any body got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

definitely no o ring needed,i changed one...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
V
make sure that the micro swich is not loose
Replies
Views
as you said press diff moves the front assy...
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
Back