Main combi 30 he | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main combi 30 he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Job tonight
Went to see said boiler that was not firing. I reset the boiler and pump runs micro switch makes but fan does not run and boiler doesn't fire. It flashes flame symbol and fan symbol. I have checked for 240 at fan which I'm not getting and 240v from pcb at fan harness but 0v . I have it down as fault on pcb. Anyone else worked on these boilers and am I on the right track.

Not checked fuses. I wouldn't have thought air pressure switch would need checking as the fan doesn't run. I thought air pressure comes after the fan in the sequence

Not checked fuses. I wouldn't have thought air pressure switch would need checking as the fan doesn't run. I thought air pressure comes after the fan in the sequence

not on this boiler ,its a 3 wire circuit try a aps,probably sort it ,had so many fail i keep 4 in he van

Without blowing down the tubes, how do you test a 3 wire APS. Would you measure the low voltage sent via the board. How exactly does it work?

Check the NC Side of the switch ( closed )
Check voltage to AP switch from PCB

Ok to wrap this up. Been back tonight with an aps and a pcb. Checked the air pressure switch for continuity from common to nc and no. I did get continuity but if was abit scetchy. I changed thd aps but this however made no difference so I then changed the pcb which solved the problem. In other words it was the pcb after all. I wouldn't have minded putting the old aps back in to check but it was late.
Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
Are you getting voltage at pcb end? If not...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Awesome news. Nice easy job for you then.
Replies
Views
Back