main combi eco 25 - not acting as expected | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss main combi eco 25 - not acting as expected in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattp123

Hello all, hopefully I'm posting this in the right place and not wasting anyone's time.

A bit of background:

I've just moved in to my first house and I'm hoping you experts will be able to point me in the right direction. I'm hoping you'll be able to tell me if the boiler is acting as it should or if I should get it looked at

As mentioned its a main combined eco 25 and I've had it serviced when I moved in, the engineer said it was fine when he checked it over. There is a high pitched whistle when the DHW is ran at full bore, he said that was due to the diverter valve and wasn't a danger, so I've not had it looked at.

My question is about the Boiler Output Tempreture. Ive turned the tempreture control for the CH to 60c but the boiler output reader can show anything from 62c - 67c. I'm confused, if I've set the temp to 60c, why would it be outputting over that?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Sounds like you've got a pretty poor cold supply.. first thoughts? How long does it take to get up above the max setting? Is it relatively instant? water at 60C is a luxury for any combi owner :)

OP. I've deleted your other posts.

You only need ask the question once.

Sounds like you've got a pretty poor cold supply.. first thoughts? How long does it take to get up above the max setting? Is it relatively instant? water at 60C is a luxury for any combi owner :)

Hi diamond gas, thanks for the suggestions.

The CH seems to be a closed system, would it have a cold supply?

The max output of the boiler is 80c, it doesn't take long for it to get up to 60, I'm not sure of an exact time but can try to find out if it helps? I don't run it at max as its a condensing boiler and I was told to have it returning at approx 50c. I'm not sure of the return temp though as I've not got any good kit to measure temps, just a cheap laser guided IR sensor & I don't know how to verify it to make sure its reading accurately :D

Sorry for the duplicates, it wasn't intentional, I'm posting from my phone.

High pitched whistle due to a restriction or hot and cold back to front. Run hot tap which pipe is hot and which is cold . Found in from left hand pipe.

Turn up stopcock and measure length of time it takes to fill a 10l bucket

High pitched whistle due to a restriction or hot and cold back to front. Run hot tap which pipe is hot and which is cold . Found in from left hand pipe.

Turn up stopcock and measure length of time it takes to fill a 10l bucket

I'm inclined to say its a restriction as we hear the sound when the tap on the bath is ran too.

Though my main concern is why the CH is overheating the water (according to the reading).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yes some are linked internally eg Drayton...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Back