Main Eco 24 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main Eco 24 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

Is this boiler any good. I am thinking of have one put in a house i rent out. Would appreciate any views good or bad.

A very good budget boiler. It is now my choice for landlords/ tight wads. They are part of the baxi/potterton group, virtually the same as a duotec/performa etc.

Graham

Well i have always used main before and they are good, plus i have a Pot. performa in one house. So i wil prob go for this one. someone said the HE model is not very good.

they are not the same as a performa and nowhere near a duotec i dont like them and heres why the main 30 he eco( dont confuse this with the main 30 he which is a performa and the dogs nads) have a aliminium siluicate heat exchanger just like wb which can fail,admitadly so does the performa/105 he/main 24/30 he but.........and its a biggy if it fails on one of these its a £70 part (i can replace one in 30 mins)if it fails on a main band a eco its the main heat exchanger big££££££££££££ and around 4 hours to replace now moving on to the baxi platinum/duotec/potterton heatmax/gold/promax heat exchangers stainless steel failures i have encountered =0,performa 10 (biggest reasons are dirty systems or over pressuring)main 30 eco a remaha design baxi said 3,(it was 3 months old!!!!!!!!1)form your own conclusions

Hi Marsaday I am in the same situation as you in replacing a potterton lynx in a flat and the merchant has recommended potterton gold as it has steel exchanger.

Thats the one I have gone with

Well the main He 24 will be cheaper as well so all round a better result for my pocket :)

The price difference is about £100 for which you get ssteel heat exchanger and 2yrs warranty on the gold

But the choice is yours

Jay

i have fitted alot of the main eco combis and are excellent budget boiler, and may not be up to same spec as duo tec they are still great for money u could do alot worse!!! i fitted over 30 last year with no major problems!!
gasman is right about the heat ex being alu though!but still wb use this method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
I am having a new system boiler to replace...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Back