Main Eco 30 Explosive ignition | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main Eco 30 Explosive ignition in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Installed this boiler last last week. Got a call back saying it's making a loud noise when starting up. I've checked eveything possible and the main engineer has been as well. he just put some additional insulation around the ignition electrodes, But the boiler still has the same problem. I've phoned the main technical helpline and was to make sure the inlet pressure is not below 18mB which its not its 20mB, other than that they weren't very helpfull.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue on this boiler? or what's causing it. A quick search on the net show its not an isolated incident.

Thanks in advance

I'd point at that, if your inlet working pressure is ok, check the ignition electrodes and then gas valve adjustment. I think on the Main it's the same as the Baxi Duo Tec, the CO2 needs to be 8.7% on high and 8.4% on low.

Other than that, the ignitor. Had a newish Duo Tec and the ignitor went. Could be early signs if it's weak and not sparking until there's loads of gas in the chamber.

had this with one of ours, they replaced everything, gas valve, igniters etc under guarantee and still no fix, they had to replace the boiler which is fine now so god knows what it was. Crap boiler, fitted about 100 but don't do them any more, loads of trouble.

had one that had a delayed spark due to pcb faulty heat team changed ignitor and gas valve and still same then pcb and was ok

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I have a Main Eco 30 Combi boiler I...
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
Have you tried recording it on the loud ignition
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
Please personal message me with your gas safe info
Replies
Views
Back