main flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss main flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
main flue.jpg

hi fellas,

could i have your opinion on this flue installation i found earlier this week.

i did not have access to the MI therefore asking for your opinions on this flue.

the boiler was a main eco24

thanks

id cut off and go to merchants for a vert flue kit and slate, not being nasty or arsy but you shouln't need to ask. send your photo to the gsr and you may win a prize and riddor it as well

Last edited by a moderator:
My God, that's brilliant in the worst possible way. I think someone has been watching too much Blue Peter, surprised there aint some toilet roll tubes and double sided tape on it.

As LP said, you need to cover your back fella. If you were the last person to check/inspect it and then something happened to the owner, the excuse of not having the MI to hand would not cover your back. A quick call to Baxi tech would have given you the info or even a call to GSR may of helped.

Thanks for the input guys
im off to the property tomorrow so shut it down. luckily it isnt occupied at the mo.
if lucky we might see it in the next gsr mag.lol
ta

I love the fact they've still used the black rubber collar. Such conscientious workers!

That looks like a prize winning pic to me.

Not familiar with this boiler lets hope you can still buy the vertical flue looks nice and and new
if its a main eco 24 he its a band b condensing version based on the baxi 105 he,the flue is the same as a band a baxi duotec 1 thats wildly available

the only things i see wrong are the horizontal section needs shortening and the flashing could leak and needs some self tappers putting in. looks naff but ID ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It might be, if it can't be rectified by...
Replies
Views
Good Morning Did you find the part you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bit high for flashing on the window
Replies
Views
Back