main heat only boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss main heat only boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

fitted main heat only boiler today with vert flue what a crap flue system - the vert flue adaptor looks like a shoe box and the vert terminal come with a 5" black plastic castalated ring which I have no idea what its for called baxi and they could not help

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 56
Looks like a twin flue converoter to me. Wrong part by the looks of it.

this is what come with the main vert flue roof terminal kit its 5" dia anyone any idea what it is - baxi don't know

Attachments

• photo0918.jpg
    photo0918.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35
this is what come with the main vert flue roof terminal kit its 5" dia anyone any idea what it is - baxi don't know

If you haven't left yet, make sure you take the Installation manual home and spend the night reading through the Flue Installation section over and over again.
If their technical section can't tell you what the part does, then I'd be asking LL to return it where he bought it, then get LL to buy a boiler of your choice.

That looks like flue rubber inside out or a turbolator for the air intake. Sits inside collar? That part looks very odd.. As if it's to join normal flue port over the air inlet for a twin port. But never seen it before. Land lord do shopping on eBay?

That looks like flue rubber inside out or a turbolator for the air intake. Sits inside collar? That part looks very odd.. As if it's to join normal flue port over the air inlet for a twin port. But never seen it before. Land lord do shopping on eBay?

no mate james Hargreaves - was made of hard plastic - box had main sticker and part number on it but when I called baxi they say someone else makes the flues for them and this make was on box with the main part number on the other side

no mate james Hargreaves - was made of hard plastic - box had main sticker and part number on it but when I called baxi they say someone else makes the flues for them and this make was on box with the main part number on the other side

Bless em, that's really helpful.

its a new boiler he main but the old design like the baxi solo the flue has aluminium inner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back