Main System 24 Eco Boiler appears to be overheating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Main System 24 Eco Boiler appears to be overheating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apacs

Hi, I wonder if anybody may be able to offer some advice with the following issue.
I have recently(4wks ago) had a 'Main System 24 Eco Boiler' fitted. About 10 days after it was fitted, neither the Central Heating nor the hot water appeared to be heating. The room thermostat was set well above room temperature and the hot water mains was running cold.
When I looked at the Boiler, the burner 'on' indicator was not lit and the temperature display reading was at 85, which is 15 degrees above the Temperature Control Setting of 70. The temperature display reading was rising rapidly and peaked at '99-00'. Once the temperature had peaked, the boiler would (slowly) cool down to the set 70 degrees. The burner would then cut in for about 10 seconds, whereby the temperature display would again start to rapidly rise and peak at 99-00.
The installation engineer was called out and had to apparently release some pressure build up in the boiler. This appeared to fix the problem for a further 10 days or so, but now the issue seems to have returned.
I will have to call out the engineer again, but rather than another quick fix being applied, it would be good to have some feed back from anybody who may have encountered this issue, so that I am not so much in the dark.
Many Thanks

Hi, I wonder if anybody may be able to offer some advice with the following issue.
I have recently(4wks ago) had a 'Main System 24 Eco Boiler' fitted. About 10 days after it was fitted, neither the Central Heating nor the hot water appeared to be heating. The room thermostat was set well above room temperature and the hot water mains was running cold.
When I looked at the Boiler, the burner 'on' indicator was not lit and the temperature display reading was at 85, which is 15 degrees above the Temperature Control Setting of 70. The temperature display reading was rising rapidly and peaked at '99-00'. Once the temperature had peaked, the boiler would (slowly) cool down to the set 70 degrees. The burner would then cut in for about 10 seconds, whereby the temperature display would again start to rapidly rise and peak at 99-00.
The installation engineer was called out and had to apparently release some pressure build up in the boiler. This appeared to fix the problem for a further 10 days or so, but now the issue seems to have returned.
I will have to call out the engineer again, but rather than another quick fix being applied, it would be good to have some feed back from anybody who may have encountered this issue, so that I am not so much in the dark.
Many Thanks
did he flush the system could be dirt from old system - its in warranty so call main out free.

ant

Check system first if it is dirty you may get charged by main (Baxi) as the fault is not with the boiler but with the system.

Thanks for the replies. I was not present when the installation took place, so unsure if the system was flushed prior to install (Would like to think so as it was mentioned when estimating for the job). I can't get hold of the installation engineer at present, so have called out British Gas to have a look. under my home care cover. However, they have advised that if the problem is an installation issue, any repair required will not be covered under the home care agreement. Would be good to get an other assessment anyway though!

Update to BG visit:
It appears that the boilers circulation pump may have failed. I have contacted 'Main' who are sending an engineer to replace\assess the issue.

Hi glad to see main are calling, but if pump is damaged due to dirt in system they may still charge for the call (up to £240.00) as the fault is not the boiler but a dirty system ! Think about getting filter fitted B4 boiler, eg magna-clean type unit.

'Main' engineer has been out and fitted a new circulation pump, and all is now (touch wood) working fine..
He did check to ensure that the pump fault was not caused by a dirty system, but it appears the installation engineer had done a good job and that the faulty pump was just one of those things that can happen...
However, for peace of mind, I think I will invest in getting a filter fitted to the boiler. At least then, if there are any future issues, I can feel a little more confident that the cause can not be attributed to dirt in the system.
Thanks all for advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Yes, one of my manifolds has flow meters but...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back