main water upgrade .......... | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss main water upgrade .......... in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

O

Old Account

Hi Lads,

Could anybody tell if I am allowed to upgrade a mains water supply with 25mm plastic from outside the new mains stopcock ( which is on the footpath ) to the staircase at the property? its basically a straight run of 7-8m? the customer has got already the new stopcock put in at the footpath but they did not upgrade towards the property.4

For any help I would be happy.

Kind regards,

Ron

Hi Lads,

Could anybody tell if I am allowed to upgrade a mains water supply with 25mm plastic from outside the new mains stopcock ( which is on the footpath ) to the staircase at the property? its basically a straight run of 7-8m? the customer has got already the new stopcock put in at the footpath but they did not upgrade towards the property.4

For any help I would be happy.

Kind regards,

Ron
Think you might have to be WRAS approved mate. But I could be wrong?

That was my concern. So what's the procedure for that bit?

Get hold of highways department and submit a form normally takes about 2 weeks they come out and dig the hole and then refill once your finished

If it was a new supply you would have to give notice but so long as it goes back in between 750 & 1350mm deep and it is just a replacement for existing smaller one it will be OK.
You have done your Water Reg's haven't you Ron ?
I was just thinking of connecting onto the existing mains water stopcock which has been already installed and I just wanted to run a bigger pipe instead of lead. I would not install a new main water at 5he street but Donne t onto it and run a new pipe to the house

I was just thinking of connecting onto the existing mains water stopcock which has been already installed and I just wanted to run a bigger pipe instead of lead. I would not install a new main water at 5he street but Donne t onto it and run a new pipe to the house
Thats fine, it won't improve the pressure / flow a great amount but will get rid of the old lead.

cant install onto the stop tape outside as you cant dig a hole in the countys pavements

Yes I agree Shaun, up here in the NE most of the WC stopcocks are bang up against the boundary wall so it's easy to do a little tunnelling and connect as Chris mentions in #9.

correct but you could have a hefty bill from the council if you cause any sinkage around the stop tap

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Question
Yes or the water board can do it without
Replies
Views
  • Question
All helpful possibilities cheers, I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
have you had a plumber have a go with the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Thanks for your reply - softener is brand new...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Back