Mains feed and hot water from combi. | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mains feed and hot water from combi. in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

I am putting in some new pipework at my daughters house, it is a new extension and a new combi boiler is going to be fitted there. The mains is about 3 bar and will run some 12m to combi then the hot will run 8m to bathroom both in 15mm. I will put as many pulled bends as possible but does anybody think these may be better in 22mm?

I am putting in some new pipework at my daughters house, it is a new extension and a new combi boiler is going to be fitted there. The mains is about 3 bar and will run some 12m to combi then the hot will run 8m to bathroom both in 15mm. I will put as many pulled bends as possible but does anybody think these may be better in 22mm?

No, bigger pipe means more wasted water with no benefits. I hope she's prepared to wait 3 minutes to get hot water at her outlets 20m away. This is really basic stuff and I might suggest you should think about getting a professional in to suggest a better boiler location/solution. Combis aren't the best

Upvote 0
TBS has given you very sensible advice on the basis of your question - can you post a diagram but it seems you will not be thanked for what your planning in the long run -
good pun as well centralheatking
No, bigger pipe means more wasted water with no benefits. I hope she's prepared to wait 3 minutes to get hot water at her outlets 20m away. This is really basic stuff and I might suggest you should think about getting a professional in to suggest a better boiler location/solution. Combis aren't the best

Upvote 0
I did not plan the combi position, it was planned by my daughter and son-in-law along with the Gas safe plumber who is fitting the boiler. I am just helping fitting the pipework to save them some money. The 22mm pipe was advised by the gas safe plumber, I was a little surprised so that is why I posed the question on this forum. The hot water would have about 8m from the boiler not 20m, 20m is the total run from where the cold enters the house. The bathroom is the new ensuite in the extension, the existing bathroom has an electric shower, the hot water taps in the existing bathroom would be about 5m from the combi. The existing cylinder (vented) is as far from the ensuite as the combi, the combi is a compromise to boost the shower pressure. They do not have any funds to upgarde the cylinder to a pressurized system.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
Back