Mains high pressure | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mains high pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Has anyone come across extremely mains high pressure in a domestic property ?..? I used 2 gauges one at 6 bar and other at 10 bar both were off scale when static. I was shocked at the readings. Have since fitted PRV. Just seeing if people have experienced the same.

Yes. Gauge read 11bar set off the over pressure relief in an electric shower in the middle of the night.
House in bottom of dip in a hilly area and large holiday complex nearby had just closed for season.
Like you I sorted it with a prv.

Yep normally in the sticks where the water board have to up the pressure to get to the end / up hills regular 9-10 bar

As far as I know there is a minimum supply pressure requirement but no maximum. It's up to the property owner to fit a suitable PRV.

If you notice an increase in supply pressure that is 'abnormal' for the properly it's worth reporting to the water company as it might be due to a fault in their equipment that they need to deal with.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The flow is upwards through the PRV, it looks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
1 is filling loop passing. 2 if it’s a combi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
IF all properties got a PRV fitted on their...
Replies
Views
Back