Mains pipe and connection | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mains pipe and connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PDL

Wanting to upgrade incomming mains pipe to larger bore MDPE so far inlet inside house walls is half inch steel in to 15 mm copper, running as cswc gravity system.
Want to upgrade to possible 28KW combi and mains fed cold, my stopcock is completely seized and a drop of heat did not help either.
At the pavement i can see new MDPE stopcock and pipe assuming my steel is connected straight to this using coupler would it be from pipe or MDPE to my stopcock and would there be sufficient length of branch MDPE from pavement so i can isolate just my supply or is double squeeze off at pavement required and new T piece put inn ? All so any ideas if i did decide to go legit and thames water do connection just to stopcock with me digging out my part of the trench how much is connection fee?

I will throw a little answer in here ! Well as far as i am aware if you dig out trench amd the inspect it they will connect it for free because i was told they want to replace steel and lead and everything so that its all on MDPE ! So get in touch with them ! You do all the work on your side and let them do there work ! Thats the only way to do it ! Hope this helps a little ! But just drop them an email or be brave and ring them up !

And if your gonna dig it anyway why not dig it up and see if it is a coupler onto ur steel ! That way aslong as regs are met you dont need the water board out to make a connection.

chances are theyve come of the stopocock out side in poly and then connected to your steel just dig up your side and find the coupling

Just done one similar - 32mm mdpe was most cost effective - connections etc arnt to much
and got enough beans out the supply to make the 30 kw combi perform as it should have when
Mr. Green the young central heating enginer fitted it last year.

centralheatking

Replaced a lead main in our house last year. Connection to utility company mains was free from United Utilities. Apparently though it differs from area to area. Find out who your utility supplier is and ask them or dig it up and look.

Nearly all Water Companies will connect free of charge. However they will want to inspect your trench and also your entry to confirm they meet their regulations. You are likely to have this trench, which has to be between 750mm and 1350mm deep, across your garden, drive or what ever for a few days, as they do not always turn up on the day they say they will! It also may take you a few days to dig.
I always advise people to consider a moling company. Choose one that is External WIAPS and they can do all the work without needing to be inspected by the Water Company and there is so much less mess and it will be done in one day, unless you have a really long garden or drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
There were two 'classes' of alkathene black...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.bes.co.uk/electric-hockey-stick-bla...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Big utility company hooking up so if it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
All sounds good the insuduct is a nice bit of...
Replies
Views
Back