Mains Supply in Tenement building | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mains Supply in Tenement building in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got a call today from a guy whos wanting a seperate mains supply to his ground floor flat as the rest are all boarded up and scottish water has the water off because the place was gutted by a fire so if they turn the stopcock on who knows how many leaks there will be.

The guy wants a seperate mains to his house, I suggested trying to isolate the rest of the building apart from his house until they are repaired but what do you guys think ?

Where is the riser going up? Is it going up through the close or up through the flats?
You could valve it above his draw off with a lockshield then turn it back on.

I haven't seen the job yet tam, so not too sure its in dennistoun in the East End on Duke Street, all the other houses are boarded up he doesnt know who owns them, will be going to see it on monday I was thinking isolating the rest of the building since his is on the ground floor

I would just valve it above his connection and turn it back on. If it is out in the close just pull the pipe box off to get into it. It might still be lead so you will need a couple of leadloks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Back