Mains water pressure and water softener/ leaking manifold | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Mains water pressure and water softener/ leaking manifold in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Good morning

I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow cylinder

25mm mains pipe work with 22mm onwards. I put the softener before the prv which was pre installed with the unvented cylinder as the rep said they can handle upto 8 bar. Also put a tee for hard water line to the kitchen on 15mm Jg push fit reducing to 3/8 for kitchen drinking tap

My question is does the the prv need to be moved down before the water softner and tee for hard water feed. Also the compression joints on manifold leaking, tried tightening but stilll leak. Should I put ptfe on olive please ?

Any pictures of how you’ve installed it ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Mick, Had a quick look at the model 1000...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Something to consider, you maybe able to mile...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, both. Good tips. Will give them a go.
Replies
Views
  • Question
No aluminium but think I will stick with mains...
Replies
Views
Back