manifold with hot water cylinder query... | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss manifold with hot water cylinder query... in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

stan1

Hello.... hope someone can help or offer advice.... I am about to buy an underfloor heating manifold converted to work with rads....so that means the flow meters taken off and the the manifold capped to close of the connection points that were used by the flow meters,,, my enquiry is to ask if it is ok to add the hot cylinder to the manifold..on one of the points of the manifold..so instead of getting a 10 way manifold ..I would buy an 11 way manifold to control the hot water cylinder as a separate item while also having control of every separate rad.....I will eventually replace the manual valves on the manifold with motorised valves so as to control the on / off times of each rad and if its ok ...of the hot water cylinder... this will allow me have hot water without the need of any rads running.....for example in the summer time.... so is it ok to add the hot water cylinder to this manifold in this way...Thanks if you can help.......Billyie

Hello.... hope someone can help or offer advice.... I am about to buy an underfloor heating manifold converted to work with rads....so that means the flow meters taken off and the the manifold capped to close of the connection points that were used by the flow meters,,, my enquiry is to ask if it is ok to add the hot cylinder to the manifold..on one of the points of the manifold..so instead of getting a 10 way manifold ..I would buy an 11 way manifold to control the hot water cylinder as a separate item while also having control of every separate rad.....I will eventually replace the manual valves on the manifold with motorised valves so as to control the on / off times of each rad and if its ok ...of the hot water cylinder... this will allow me have hot water without the need of any rads running.....for example in the summer time.... so is it ok to add the hot water cylinder to this manifold in this way...Thanks if you can help.......Billyie

No bad idea and don't even know why you would want it that way

No bad idea and don't even know why you would want it that way

Hi...ok...but i should add...already i have the manifold idea put in by the last plumber...so the manifold idea is already in place......but that plumber has left with leak after leak..at themanifolds..and ive given up on him,...so i will fix the leaks myself ...with a good manifold......
i know it invovles a lot of work to replave the manifold (10 way )....but thought if i have the sytem down..i should think about further control of the system...
And as the hot water cylinder is only fed by a tee piece for both flow and return i dont have any control now..whereas the same flow and return continue to the existing 10 way manifold for the rads...and each of those rads already has the manual valve controlfor for on/ off....
this is wherre my thought of control over the on/off of the hot water cylinder came from....and in genral for 98% of the time the hot water cylinder will be on always....especially during winter....
So is it do-able..using an 11 way manifold...as opposed to my existing 10 way manifold for 10 rads....(extra point on 11 way maifold for control of the hot water cylinder)

Thanks againm.......Billyie

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No you can’t use an ufh one as they have a...
Replies
Views
J
We’ve had a UFH system installed as part of...
Replies
Views
JSlippy
J
D
Thanks very much indeed, Basher. I'll explore...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126459
D
Back