manometer pressure relief valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss manometer pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone used one of these Anton APRV pressure relief valve

looks like a good idea to me, but £35, who they kiddin, the robbing brass- tards.

so always one for innovation, i thought i'd make my own, here's one i made earlier 002.jpg

just a brass tee with an old test nipple soldered into the branch

works a treat.

I bought mine m tax deductible , we never ever scrimp on tools lol

I got mine as a 'freebie' when I bought my Sprint earlier this year.
Useful but there's no way it's worth £35.

i find when i remove my hose for a few seconds it drops the pressure, does nobody else find this happens LOL ;)

for £35 ill stick to the free option.

Not acceptable previously as the let-by was supposed to be at 10mb.

Seems that the requirement is now between 7 & 11 mb to placate the tight Rses. ;)

I am at a loss as to why you would need such a thing....

Its just another thing that can cause problems with readings

I have one and it is handy, although until I started using a digi manometer never found the need for one as it was easier to see the pressure droping on a water tube imho

I discovered that if I used my forefinger and thumb to pinch the tube around the meter test point I can release pressure as required to perform let-by....if I pinch too hard or for too long, I can use my palm and fingers to open the ecv a little to increase the pressure again....I charged myself 35 quid for realising this and treated me and the missus to a chinese and a few corona's instead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
The expansion vessel should be on the cold...
Replies
Views
Time to get a gas safe engy in
Replies
Views
I’ve used the screwfix single check before now...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
Back