Marmox multi boards and adhesive? | Tiling Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Marmox multi boards and adhesive? in the Tiling Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Marmox multi boards and adhesive?

I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I have a nice flat surface to tile with (the surface underneath the plaster is a bit rough and not plumb. The 4mm need to be 'stuck' with cement based adhesive.

On the external two walls I'll use 20mm for some extra insulation, without eating too much into the room size. For these I'm going to be dot and dabbing, then using the fixing dowels.

For the adhesive for the boarding should I be using the standard set I'll be using for the tiles, or is there something more suitable?

I did think it'd give me a bit of 'practice' with mixing up small batches which would serve me well when I get to tiling.

Marmox multi boards and adhesive? for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar plumbing topics

U
  • Question
Please register and repost. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
  • Question
Just make sure that the new shower valve is...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
If you want to discuss pricing jobs or Gas...
Replies
Views
D
Back