Max boiler size on U6 meter.. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Max boiler size on U6 meter.. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
If the boiler were the only appliance,what is the max size you would (dare) to fit on a u6 meter?

I think it works out closer to 68Kw for a U6 meter... Went to one today where someone has fitted a 65kw vaillant system boiler..

I would be looking at the service wp and the size of it. The meter will pass 6m an hour but can the main supply it at 19mb minimum at the meter?

I would be looking at the service wp and the size of it. The meter will pass 6m an hour but can the main supply it at 19mb minimum at the meter?

But surely there is an implied contract that if a U6 meter is fitted then one should be able to use 6m3 of gas through it at a minimum of 19.5mb wp?

But surely there is an implied contract that if a U6 meter is fitted then one should be able to use 6m3 of gas through it at a minimum of 19.5mb wp?

You would think so but i find a lot that can't I had one today boiler and cooker 46kw combined and had 13.5mb @the meter. The trouble round my way is the main is at 25mb standing and a lot of property's have been inserted with 18mm serviflex. The job today had 14m of the stuff. At 6m an hour it needs 32mm minimum at the ecv.

You would think so but i find a lot that can't I had one today boiler and cooker 46kw combined and had 13.5mb @the meter. The trouble round my way is the main is at 25mb standing and a lot of property's have been inserted with 18mm serviflex. The job today had 14m of the stuff. At 6m an hour it needs 32mm minimum at the ecv.

What? Last time I checked there was 60mbar at ecv delivering way over 6m/h
Inserted service should deliver 21mbar and 6m3/h

I have never seen 60 mbar standing pressure on a domestic sp unless it is a feed from a medium pressure tiered main with an MP/LP regulator module. The ranges of standing pressures on a LP service which would be accpetable and hopefully the norm would be anything between 23 and 35mbar .

No one should be running 14m of serviflex. That is quite simply a bodge. I'm guessing you referred in back to the transporter for the area..

Yep they renewed it today new external meter box. I find them all the time the worst so far is 9mb at the meter. As far as I'm aware the 21+\- 2 will reflect as follows 0.5m> 23mb 3m 21mb 6m 19mb there was a good explanation of this in installer mag a few months ago. 60mb at the ecv is a diff ball game as the volume of gas available is much higher and in that case serviflex may be able to cope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
Yes stnd domestic meter The gas engineer can...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
definitely a U16 pipework may be slightly...
Replies
Views
Back